Kansas Department of Administration - SHARP Customer Service
This image/email designed to try to catch spammers. Home | Facilities | Financial Management | Personnel Services | Printing |
Procurement & Contracts | Repealer | Surplus Property | Systems Management |

SHARP Hours:
Mon-Fri: 7AM-6PM
Sat: 1PM-9PM
Sun: 1PM-6PM

SHARP Help Desk:
Option 1 (SHARP)
*Listen for options.


SHARP Message #800






Vacation Overage - Self Service Message

Message Text:


The following Vacation Overage message has been posted on the State Employee Services website www.kansas.gov/employee beneath the “Important Notices” section.

The Department of Administration, Division of Personnel Services, is providing you this notice in the event you wish to refer your employees to the website for information on this topic.

“The last day to use vacation leave that is over the maximum is Saturday, June 12, 2010*. Read More…..

*Vacation Overage Information
Classified employees, and unclassified employees who follow Executive Order 04-13 , and whose vacation balance is, or soon will be, over the maximum: You must use your excess vacation leave by Saturday, June 12, 2010 (or a preceding work day, such as Friday, if you do not work Saturdays).

If you are unable to take the excess vacation leave, your Human Resource or Payroll office will ensure up to 40 hours of vacation leave that is over the maximum allowed is converted to sick leave at the end of the fiscal year.

The hours you accrue during the 05/30/10 - 06/12/10 pay period are not affected.

The table below outlines the accumulation limits based on your length of service if you are a classified employee, or an unclassified employee who follows Executive Order 04-13. If you are unsure if you fall into this category, contact your Human Resources office for assistance as your maximum accumulation may differ.

Length of Service Maximum Accumulation
Less Than 5 Years 144
5 Years and Less Than 10 176
10 Years and Less Than 15
15 Years and Over

Leave balances are viewable in the View Leave Balances section of Employee Self Service . However, please note that Vacation Leave Overages, if applicable, are not displayed separately from the Vacation Ending Balance.

If you have questions, please contact your Human Resource or Payroll office.”